Table leaders Kawasaki Frontale nail sixth consecutive victory, in Kashiwa Olunga nets a hat-trick as Reysol top Vegalta Sendai.

Table leaders Kawasaki Frontale nail sixth consecutive victory, in Kashiwa Olunga nets a hat-trick as Reysol top Vegalta Sendai.

Meiji Yasuda J1 League Match-day 7 took place on July 26th, but only eight games could be played. The match between Hiroshima and Nagoya was postponed because  some members of the team and staff were confirmed positive at a COVID-19 test.

Kawasaki Frontale, who hosted Shonan Bellmare, conceded in the 57th minute, but Miki Yamane equalized only four minutes later. The home side took the lead through two goals coming from Kaoru Mitoma and Ao Tanaka, and went on to win the game 3-1—their sixth consecutive victory. FC Tokyo traveled to Kashima Antlers. After being behind, they turned the match around with two goals coming from corner-kicks. However, Tokyo conceded again in the 75th minute and the match ended in a 2-2 draw.

Gamba Osaka won 2-0 at Vissel Kobe. Yuji Ono scored in the 62nd minute and striker Takashi Usami netted the second goal in the 86th minute, helping Gamba to move up to second place in the table. Kashiwa Reysol earned their third victory in a row by defeating Vegalta Sendai 5-1 through an incredibly offensive football display, with Olunga bagging a hat-trick.

Consadole Sapporo, hosted Yokohama F.Marinos at home and conceded a quarter of an hour into the game. However, in a matter of minutes, Yoshiaki Komai equalized and Takuma Arano made it 2-1. The home side added another in the last minute and claimed a convincing 3-1 victory. Urawa Reds beat Yokohama FC 2-0 through goals scored by their Brazilian duo, Leonardo and Ewerton: the losing streak stopped at two games.

Oita Trinita traveled to Shimizu S-Pulse, where the home side took the lead with Hwang Seak-Ho in the 41st minute and Carlinhos Júnio scored another goal in the 57th minute. After that, the lead was extended to a 4-goal margin, but Oita managed to pull two back. However, Shimizu held on and got the long-awaited first victory of this season: 4-2 was the final score being. Finally, Sagan Tosu took the lead in the 51th minute with Kaisei Ishii scoring the first goal of his career. However, they conceded in the 75 minute and were forced to share points with Cerezo Osaka, again failing to win their first match of the season.