Newly-crowned J.League YBC Levain Cup winners Avispa Fukuoka will face 14-time Ukrainian champions FC Shakhtar Donetsk in a friendly at the Japan National Stadium on December 18th.
All Ukrainian refugees in Japan will be invited to the match, which will donate all profits, minus expenses, to aid Ukraine.
Avispa Fukuoka said in their press release: "The purpose of this charity match is to send a message of support to Ukraine through football all over the world."
Full details and information on the match can be found on this site.
Avispa-Shakhtar Charity Match Details:
- Objective: To contribute to the creation of a safe and secure world by communicating support for Ukraine through sports both domestically and internationally.
- Organizer: Japan Football Association, Japan Professional Football League, Ukraine Support Council, APAMAN Co., Ltd.
- Management: Tokyo Football Association, Avispa Fukuoka Co., Ltd.
- Sponsorship: Property Business Network and others to be announced
- Date & Time: December 18, 2023, 7:00 p.m. kick-off (doors open at 5:00 p.m.)
- Venue: National Stadium (10-1 Kasumigaoka-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo)
- Tickets: Click here to purchase (Tickets will go on sale at 10:00 on November 18)